Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Corn Apple Carrot Soup - Chinese Style!

Soup that is healthy, appetizing, quick and even the kids love it.

My mom's grand kids just adore her soup and after the last drop, will even nibble every single kernel off the cob!

The unique taste of this soup comes from the corn, a local variety known as Jagung Susu (direct translation - Corn Milk) and famed for its sweetness and crunchiness. Visually very attractive, the Jagung Susu's kernels are a mixture of yellow and white kernels. Unfortunately, the cut-up corn hit the pot before I could capture a photo of the whole-corn!



Ingredients

1 pcs Corn, cut into smaller pieces
1 pcs Red Apple, cut into wedges
1 pcs Tomato, cut into wedges
2 pcs Carrots, cut into wedges
2 pcs Yellow Onion, cut into wedges
1/2 Chicken
Salt to taste
Scallions or Parsley for garnishing

1. Bring water to boil and put in chicken. Bring to boil.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add Salt, to taste.
4. Serve with scallions or parsley as garnishing

3 comments:

  1. oh my goshhhh! The corn is so deliciously cute... really, it's cute for me anyway with the yellow and white kernels are beautiful! I'd seen only the so called 'normal' ones and heirloom corns with multi-colors! Love the recipe as it reminded me of my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it seems so simple to make and yet so satisfying! I am bookmarking this for soup season aka winter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comfort soup. I love bi-color corn!

    ReplyDelete