Had to improvise - leftover Flat Rice Noodles (Koay Teow), no prawns or squid left but had some chicken fillet.
I wanted to add some Lup Cheong and some belacan (dried shrimp) chili paste but hubby was firm with his “No” as he was feeling a little healthy today. What a bummer! The lup cheong and belacan chili paste would have given an extra punch in taste.
The end result – Yummy!!
500g Flat Rice Noodles (Koay Teow)
100g Chicken Fillet, sliced
2 pcs Eggs
3 pcs Garlic, chopped
2 cups Bean Sprouts
2 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
4 tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Corn Starch
1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Mix Oyster Sauce, Sesame Seed Oil & Corn Starch with sliced Chicken Fillet. Marinade for 30mins
2. Gently separate the noodles. Soak in arm water for 1-2 minutes & drain thoroughly.
3. Heat wok. Add Oil.
4. Add Garlic. Fry till fragrant.
5. Add Chicken Fillet. Fry till almost cooked.
6. Add Eggs and scramble. Push aside in wok.
7. Add Rice Noodles. Add Light Soy Sauce, Dark Soy Sauce, Pepper & Salt. Stir fry.
8. Add Bean Sprouts. Fold the noodles over the Bean Sprouts. Stir fry.
9. Serve with Scallions & Chilies.