Just before heading to bed last night, had a cup of Milo with full cream milk (Slurp!). Thereafter, two scoops of ice cream with a dash of Baileys. Yeah.. it was sweet dreams after that... dreams of cookies!
That’s it. First thing this morning, grabbed the necessary ingredients, the mixer and both the operational manual of the mixer and the oven - its my first time using these items in this little dwelling of mine.
Anyway, decided its traditional chocolate chip cookies. Recipe? Well,how can I not use the infamous the Nestle recipe?
Outcome was pretty good – just a tad sweet despite having already reduced the sugar quantity and well, it looks like a flying saucer due to too much butter, I think! Will adjust and give it another shot.
The cookies are now sitting pretty in its cookie tin and I wonder how long this will last me..
Hmmm... I really wonder what my electricity bill will look like end of this month though.
3 cup All Purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter
½ Cup White Sugar (reduced from ¾ cups)
½ Cup Brown Sugar (reduced from ¾ cups)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs, large
3 cups Chocolate Chips, semi sweet or bitter sweet, to your liking.
1. Combine: Flour, Baking Soda & Salt in small bowl.
2. Combine: Butter, White/Brown Sugar & Vanilla Extract in big bowl. Beat till creamy. Add eggs, one at a time.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Using a tablespoon to put dollops of the mixture onto ungreased baking tray/sheet.
6. Pre-heat oven at 190C
7. Bake: 12-15 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Remove to cool completely.