Solution: One-Pot-Cooks-All. A universal dish for adults and kids. Eat it plain, with rice or with bread.
Alone for lunch and dinner today, this dish was served me perfectly! Bread soaked in the tasty gravy and the succulent tender chicken flesh. One wholesome meal this is!
Ok.OK. For those who may like it a little spicier, just add cut chilies when you add the tomatoes and carrots.
For the carbo-addicts out there, go ahead and add in potatoes – you’ll find the gravy thicker with the starchiness from the potatoes...mmmm….
2 pcs Chicken, whole leg (drumstick + thigh)
1 pcs Carrot, chopped into chunks
1 pcs Tomato, chopped
1 pcs Onion, chopped
1 pcs Ginger, about 1 inch sliced
2 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
2 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Cornstarch
¼ cup Water
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 pcs Chilies, for garnish
1. Chop Chicken into bite size.
2. In a bowl, mix Chicken, Sesame Seed Oil, Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce & Cornstarch. Leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
3. Heat pot. Add oil.
4. Add Ginger. Fry till fragrant.
5. Add Ginger & Onions. Fry till fragrant.
6. Add Chicken. Fry for 3-5 minutes.