..adventures & misadventures..oops!
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
Tomato, Mushroom, Basil and Meat Sauce for Pasta
Feeling Italian and Ferrari red today!
Yes, pasta’s on the menu and after the previous pasta comment from hubby that “it tastes funny”, switched back to minced beef today.
Instead of my favourite angel hair spaghetti, used some leftover amorini pasta. Well, not that I had much choice, I didn’t have any spaghetti left in my larder!
Taking the cue from Joey who suggested I use herbs in my
posting, I added fresh Basil (love the smell). I chose to infuse it in the sauce by simmering/stewing it in the last 15 minutes.
Hubby had two huge helpings & was about to have his third when I told him we are out of pasta!
Gonna have the sauce with rice afterwards…drool… just so appetizing
450g Minced Beef
2 tins Skinned Tomatoes, mashed
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 pcs Yellow/Large Onions, sliced thinly
4 pcs Fresh Mushrooms, sliced thinly
Bunch of Fresh Basil, sliced thinly
Red Wine, approx 1/4
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Add Garlic. Fry till fragrant.
2. Add Onion. Saute till caramelized.
3. Add Meat. Saute for another 3-5 minutes
4. Add Mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add a dash of Red Wine. The saute action will allow the alcohol to evaporate and seal in the taste.
6. Add Tomatoes and remaining Red Wine. Simmer/Stew for 45 minutes.
7. Add Basil. Simmer/Stew for 15 minutes.
8. Separately, prepare spaghetti according to instructions on the packaging.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
25 November 2009 at 07:49
I enjoy simple pasta dish like this.
Post Comments (Atom)