Bet you all must be thinking of your shower luffa brush! hehe
This is actually a gourd that's called Angled Luffa or to some, Chinese Okra. I love it as it has a soft fluffy tofu-like texture and when cooked, it just absorbs the flavours of the ingredients.
To prepare, just skin all the green-skin off with a small knife till you reach the porous white flesh. Then just cut it into the shape that you want and the cooking begins!
1 pcs Angled Luffa
1 tbp Garlic, minced
1 tbs Dried Shrimp, minced
1 pcs Chili, minced
1 tbs Crispy Chili Flakes
6-8 tbs Stock
1. Heat wok. Once hot, add Garlic. Stir fry.
2. Add Dried Shrimp & Chili. Stir till fragrant.
3. Add Angled Luffa. Stir and coat with Garlic & Dried Shrimp.
4. Add Sesame Oil. Stir.
5. Add Stock. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add Crispy Chili Flakes. Stir.
7. Add Sugar & Salt.