Food + Parties = Leftovers!!!
M was feeling overwhelmed by meat, particularly roast beef and wanted something appetizing with the leftovers.
Hmm....what shall it be? Yeah, a tangy stew it shall be:
1. lots of tomatoes should give a tangy and appetizing taste
2. thinly sliced onions to give it sweetness
3. of course, carrots and well, lets add some potatoes
Worried that the roast beef texture may become too tough? Well, I did a quick stir fry of the roast beef in sesame seed oil to seal in the juices before stewing the dish.
Outcome: Another bowl, please! Slurp!!
This dish needs few ingredients. The leftover roast beef will slowly release the aroma and taste of its roasting ingredients into the stew making it just yummy.
Bet you will win the taste buds of your loved ones with this number!
Roast Beef Leftovers, cut into edible chunks
2 pcs Carrots, chunks
2 pcs Potatoes, chunks
2 pcs Onions, sliced thinly
4 pcs Tomatoes, sliced
2 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
¼ cup Water
1 tsp Oyster Sauce
1. Heat wok. Add Cooking Oil.
2. Once hot, add Onions. Stir fry till aromatic.
3. Add Roast Beef. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add Sesame Seed Oil. Ensure it coats the pieces of beef. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Carrots, Potatoes and Tomatoes. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
6. Add Water. Bring to simmer.
7. Add Oyster Sauce.
8. Allow to stew for about 45 minutes