Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Tomato Basil Sauce to Freeze
Oh, there’s just no limitation to what else you can add into it.
And well, its always handy to have this sauce sitting prepared in the event you have guests popping by for a quick meal!
Here's the chunky version. You can also puree it before you freeze.
1. To remove tomato skin, blanch in hot water till skin loosens. Then into cold water and peeled away.
2. Heat pan with oil till hot.
3. Add Garlic. Fry till fragrant.
4. Add Onions. Fry till translucent.
5. Add Tomatoes. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir and mash the tomatoes that are still chunky.
6. Add Basil. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Leave it chunky or puree it.
9. Then put into freezing bags and into the freezer.