Sunday, 14 March 2010

Pancakes Without the Grease..

Hi all, am back and busy dusting away the cobwebs that has started forming on this blog and in my little kitchen.

Thought of sleeping in this lazy Sunday but M kept bugging me about his craving for pancakes. The things we do for love and a Sunday brunch…. ahhh

Now to the pancakes - We love fluffy pancakes coupled with a variety of additions from butter, honey, peanut butter and sometimes yoghurt! Simply satisfying (let's just forget about the waistline today!)

Oh, I always use a non-stick pan so I need not add any oil or butter when frying the pancakes. Gives us a chance to add a larger blop of butter onto the nice warm pancakes!

Ingredients
1 cup Multi-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Fresh Milk
1 Egg
1 tsp Cooking Oil

1. Sieve Flour, Baking Soda, Castor Sugar & Salt into a bowl.
2. Separate Egg White and Yolk into bowls.
3. Beat Egg White till little peaks appear.
4. Beat Egg Yolk & mix Milk & Cooking Oil.
5. Mix #4 with #1. Don’t over mix otherwise you'll have a tough pancake!
6. Then fold the stiffen Egg White into the mixture #5.
7. Heat pan.
8. Scoop mixture and pour into pan making a circle width of around 3”to 4”.
9. Once bubbles start to appear, its ready to flip over.
10. Serve.

4 comments:

  1. Nice touch. Yes, I have been coming here to dust spiderwebs off your blog. Glad you are back after being in hiatus for so long. One thing I don't like about pancake is that when I am making the second one, the first one gets cold already and my butte refuse to melt on them. So, I usually make just one large pancake disc for each of us, using two pans and make two at one go. More washing but we both get to eat warm pancakes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quinn, Thanks for coming by to do the dusting :) As for the pancakes,I do two at a time and normally serve and cook simultaneously! Yeah, we love it warm too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a pancake lover so don't think I will ever be hit by pancake cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it also nice to add a dash or cinnamon! :)

    ReplyDelete