Sunday, 14 March 2010
Pancakes Without the Grease..
Thought of sleeping in this lazy Sunday but M kept bugging me about his craving for pancakes. The things we do for love and a Sunday brunch…. ahhh
Now to the pancakes - We love fluffy pancakes coupled with a variety of additions from butter, honey, peanut butter and sometimes yoghurt! Simply satisfying (let's just forget about the waistline today!)
Oh, I always use a non-stick pan so I need not add any oil or butter when frying the pancakes. Gives us a chance to add a larger blop of butter onto the nice warm pancakes!
1 cup Multi-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Fresh Milk
1 tsp Cooking Oil
1. Sieve Flour, Baking Soda, Castor Sugar & Salt into a bowl.
2. Separate Egg White and Yolk into bowls.
3. Beat Egg White till little peaks appear.
4. Beat Egg Yolk & mix Milk & Cooking Oil.
5. Mix #4 with #1. Don’t over mix otherwise you'll have a tough pancake!
6. Then fold the stiffen Egg White into the mixture #5.
7. Heat pan.
8. Scoop mixture and pour into pan making a circle width of around 3”to 4”.
9. Once bubbles start to appear, its ready to flip over.