It’s been raining since the wee hours of the morning and its noon now. Everything looks just gloomy, cold and wet...sigh..
Got to lift the spirits..hmm..maybe some heat, yellow, red and green should do the trick!?
*checking the fridge*
.. pak choy, carrots, ginger, Chinese parsley, brinjals, yellow and red capsicum left...hmm...
Ahh, the yellow and red capsicum plus the green of the Chinese parsley should give a colour burst. And, some juicy succulent prawns to top it all.
*wash.chop.slice. crackling sound from the wok* Ahhh.. and the dish is ready.
Personally, find yellow and red capsicum a little more juicy and sweet compared to green capsicums. Love their cheery colours too.
This is relatively quick and easy topping. Only thing you have to do is to have fresh prawns or if it’s frozen, just got to bring it out a little earlier to defrost.
1 tsp Garlic, minced
¼ Red Capsicum, thinly sliced
¼ Yellow Capsicum, thinly sliced
½ Large Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
6 pcs Medium Prawns, shelled
½ tsp Oyster Sauce
½ tsp Shaoxing Cooking Wine
Chinese Parsley, garnish
1. Heat wok, once hot, add about 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add Garlic. Stir till fragrant.
3. Add sliced Yellow Onion. Stir for a minute, find that this will infuse the dish with its fragrance and sweet tinge.
4. Add Prawns, Red & Yellow Capsicum. Stir
5. Add Oyster Sauce. Add Shaoxing Cooking Wine. Stir.
6. Add pinch of Sugar. Stir.
7. Garnish with Chinese Parsley. Serve