M loves long beans in a variety of ways from blanched, stir-fried, grilled etc.
I like them but really am not truly crazy about long beans so I have to zest it up a little ala home-styled version.
Add some minced meat and some sauces and wha-lah!
Main ingredients for this dish are really long beans and minced meat.
For the same main ingredients and if matched with different sauces such as tauchu (fermented bean paste) or oyster sauce or chili paste means you’ll be whipping up multiple versions.
Today, I kept the dish simple with oyster sauce and light soy sauce to flavour the meat yet keeping the sweetness of the long beans. With a bowl of porridge or rice, its a hearty meal.
The photo just doesn't do justice to the yummy taste of this dish - Sorry about the eeky photography!
200g Long Beans
200g Minced Meat (Pork)
1pcs Garlic, minced
1pcs Red Chili, sliced
1½ tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
½ tsp Sesame Oil
Shoaxing Cooking Wine
1. Cut Long Beans into bite size.
2. Mix Oyster Sauce, Light Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Pepper and Cornstarch into Minced Meat and leave for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat Wok. When hot, add oil. Once hot, Add Garlic.
4. Add marinated Minced Meat. Stir fry. Add dash of Shaoxing Wine. Cook till about half cooked.
5. Add chopped Long Beans. Stir fry for another minute or so.
6. Add chopped Chilies.