It’s simple and fast. A one-pot dish that anybody can do at home.
Most importantly, few plates to wash and gives the house an aromatic accent!!
With my trusted claypot and some heat ...
Oops! Forgot to mention, takes about 35-40 minutes for preparation and cooking time – just nice to come home from work, prepare the ingredients, hit the showers and chow time!
100g Rice (about ½ cup)
200g Chicken, chopped to bite size
½ Ginger, chopped
1 tsp Ginger juice
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
½ cup Chicken Stock (If water is used, use about 250g of chopped Chicken for better flavour)
Spring Onions, garnish
1. Wash Rice till water runs clear. Soak for about 10 minutes and remove water, if any.
2. In a bowl, add chopped Chicken, chopped Ginger, Ginger juice, Sesame Oil and Shaoxing Wine. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat claypot (or casserole). Once hot, add some oil.
4. Once hot, add Garlic. Fry till fragrant.
5. Add Rice. Stir and ensure Rice is coated with oil and Garlic.
6. Add Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil.
7. Add Chicken on top (Stock should cover part of the Chicken). Cover and on low fire, cook for 15-20 minutes.
Note: When you add the chopped Chicken, do not stir into the Rice or you will end up with unevenly cooked Rice. The Rice has to be covered by the stock!!
8. Remove from heat.
9. Garnish with Spring Onions.